About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Recap...& Thank You Anne

My blog is 6 weeks old.................so now I'm taking time to look and decide if I have done what I set out to do.
The aim of the blog was to make a start on Christmas cards by joining in challenges.  So far I think I am doing OK.  Despite taking the original stencil cards to pieces, I have twelve cards in my tin.
I've also made an assortment of birthday cards - a 21st card for my nephew, a double twisted easel for my dad (didn't take a photo of that) my sister's card ready for next month & an assortment of cards made with my cuttlebug and an embossing folder.  (I forgot to put those cards on here.) 
 I have found several different challenges to enter - some very convoluted thinking to get cards to fit more than one challenge.  
And best of all I am enjoying the card making again & looking forward to each week's new challenges (even if sometimes I am convinced I won't have the ideas or the stash to actually attempt the challenge)
I don't know which is my favourite of all the cards I have made this year - I know which ones I'm not as happy with - whether they stay as they are or get a makeover - only time will tell. 





I was given this award by Anne, Thank You!!!!
I have to pass it on to 8 stylish bloggers, & tell you 8 things about myself.
As a new blogger I haven't visited a lot of blogs..........So the people I would like to pass this on to are ...........(will have to think about this.will come back later)

Debbie
Von
Ann
Abi
Max

8 things is rather a lot...........

  • I collect pigs
  • My favourite colour is green
  • I love reading and have just got a kindle
  • I'm interested in Family History - there is one family story that an ancestor was a bodyguard to Queen Victoria.
  • I'm a life member at my local county cricket club.
  • I planted a tree in the Amazon rainforest.
  • I don't like snow..........at least I don't like it when it was like last year when we had a month of very icy and slippy pavements.  This year the snow lasted quite a few weeks again, but it was soft and powdery the whole time.  Having said that I don't like snow you won't believe that Antarctica is on the list of places I would like to visit.
  • I am a Star Trek fan 

Thinks that's all for now..............until the next weeks challenges - if I have time to do them with my nephew's 21st celebrations this weekend.  

3 comments:

Annie said...

Thank you Janet for this award and thinking of me. I think I received this one just before Christmas as I remember writing the 8 things about me and realising what a boring person I am! Maybe.
I won't post it up again on my blog - hope you don't mind and won't be offended by that. I do appreciate it but don't want to put the same thing twice.
Good for you on achieving so much with your blog in such a short time. I think I told you that you would soon become addicted.
Ann xxx

Laurence said...

Congratulation Janet, also got it....

Your blog is very nice and I will pop in regularly.

Hugs,
Laurence xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Thank you so much hon, I will try & post it over at mine tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, been very busy with birthdays recently & now am having to catch up with the (whispers)housework!!

What is a double twisted easel?

Hugs x