About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Friday, 18 February 2011

7 weeks so far............and still going

Friday 18th February
Although it is only Friday my weekend starts here -  I took some of my holiday allowance to add onto this weekend.  Tomorrow we are going out together for a meal to celebrate my nephew's 21st birthday.  




This week's Bah! Humbug! challenge will definitely take some thinking about.  
Use a CD/DVD 
I can see that I will have to spend quite a bit of time thinking about that one. I will think about it while I am loading the dishwasher, whilst I am vacuuming, and this afternoon whilst I am at the hairdressers getting red stripes put in my hair.  I thought that entering Christmas card challenges would be an easy way of getting my cards done at a nice easy pace throughout the year instead of a mad rush in December trying to catch the last posting dates.  How wrong I was - I've had to root through old and forgotten papers and boxes of embellishments, use things that I have never tried before, use things that I have tried and decided I couldn't use and goodness knows what else I will have to do.


Hopefully I will be back later.............possibly with a card for this week's challenge........watch this space




Monday 21st February


I had a busy weekend with family visiting and a 21st celebration. On Saturday we had a lovely meal & then we spent the evening just talking and playing charades.  So not much time for cardmaking.
On Sunday I helped my niece to make a double twisted easel card ( I will look for instructions or a picture of one to show what I mean)  Then I sat and thought about my challenge cards for this week - & I haven't come up with anything yet.   Time is running out....this could be the first week that I fail to get something made (even the cards that I really disliked were eventually made into something I could live with ~ although there are another couple of candidates for staying in the tin unless there is an emergency Christmas card needed)




Wednesday 23rd February


I have to admit defeat..............I can't come up with a card for this week's Bah! Humbug! challenge.  I'm not into altered art, so wasn't thinking along the lines of using a CD - I was toying with the idea of making a card to hold a CD.  But I have had no ideas at all..........a couple of the things I tried failed miserably.  I thought of combining a couple of challenges - Die cut Dreams and  ABC Christmas Challenge but still found no inspiration.  I looked for a digi image that I could use - one with as little colouring as possible.  I found a nice circle sentiment, which I then tried to cut out (my nesties being scalloped circles didn't look right at all)  but then I ruined them by inking them with versamark and brushing pink cosmic shimmer mica on. 


Hopefully I will be able to make a better attempt at next week's challenge.

2 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Janet, I know exactly what you mean! At least we are getting very well challenged. I still don't know what to do with my 91 left over doilies from last week!! Bit lost with the CD/DVD thing yet though but sure inspiration will come soon....please! Enjoy the meal xx

Annie said...

Don't panic Janet you still have time. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend.
The new challenge on Friday is a really easy one so your brain will be able to have a rest next week. Meanwhile why don't you take a look at what the other entrants at Bah! Humbug! have done - there are some really clever ideas.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT