About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Friday, 21 January 2011

Variations on a theme

When I made the Holly Christmas card a couple of weeks ago it was not the first time I had used core'dinations card and cuttlebug folders - I had made some of last years cards with the Holly folder (white & green) and the Lace Tree (white & purple)  Then I got carried away and used the Stylized Flowers to make some birthday cards.  The first one with white & blue, then a white and pink one.  Next I tried a white and yellow one, but the front of the card was a creamy yellow colour so the sanding did not really show.  Finally I embossed some water colour paper and used distress inks.
After matting the embossed image I realised that the card needed something else to finish it off........which is when I went to someone whose colour sense and artistic ability I admire (but unfortunately didn't inherit) - that is my mum. We had a discussion and mum made a few suggestions, so the finished cards are partly thanks to her input.

No comments: