About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Friday, 14 January 2011

Bah! Humbug! Christmas card challenge - using stencils

This weeks challenge is using stencils.


I have a Dreamweaver stencil that I have had for several years - I got it after seeing someone demonstrate them, but my efforts at the time were not successful, so it was put away in a wallet in a cupboard.
So I have fished it out of its hiding place & it is now on my table.  I also found the jar of dimensional paint that was bought at the same time and had a go with the stencil......not very successful, the paint seemed much too thick and sticky.  So that attempt is abandoned, I rejected the idea of using my cuttlebug so I am now working on Plan C...................watch this space :)


After a little playing around  most of Sunday afternoon & evening (& some tearing up and throwing away) I have two cards made with the same stencil.  Not really happy with either of them still.


Distress inks


Crafter's Companion Silver Spray & Sparkle.


The base card is made into a step card - I made quite a few of last year's cards with this fold which I quite like.  ( I got the idea from Crafter's Companion Popcorn Projects CD)

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hi We couldn't find your name anywhere on the blog but have popped over from Bah! Humbug! to say that if it's a Dreamweaver stencil you have then you should get fantastic results. If you need any help just give us a shout. Will help out if we can.
The Bah! Humbug! girls.
xxx

Anne said...

Great blog Janet Fab cards you should put your Link on your sig in the forum
Anne xx

Max said...

Oh Janet I can't understand why you seem so disappointed with these cards. They're both lovely and the stencil work with both the ink and the spray is fabulous! I really appreciate that you were brave enough to enter our challenge despite your misgivings about stencilling and I think you have created 2 beautiful cards to be proud of. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

So sorry that you've played and are not happy with your efforts. Know that feeling all too well and have been there many times. The thing is you've probably learnt loads along the way and next time will have all that experience behind you. Like Max I think you are being too hard on yourself and your cards are fine.
That tree stencil is gorgeous and I love the way you've tried it with different mediums. I think it would look brilliant with gems on the circles but it would take a lot of gems.
I've never used that paint you talk about but our guest designer Carol used that and I'm sure if want any tips she would be happy to help out.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT