This week the Bah! Humbug! challenge is to use something that hasn't been used for a while. I'm not sure that this will be an easy challenge for me - most of the "old" stuff that I have is there because I get it out every Christmas and then put it away again because I can't imagine ever using it. I should really de-clutter and get rid.
Now if this challenge had come before the stencil one I could have got that old stencil from the back of my cupboard and used that. Or the green 12x12 patterned paper that has been in my drawer for the last couple of years - but I used that on one (now defunct) stencil card, and the replacement card I made last weekend.
Sunday 30th January

The vellum is behind a gold frame , and mounted onto a cream textured card base. A stamped and embossed topper was die cut with nestabilities, and the card made into an easel card.
This is the 7th card made so far this year.
I decided to enter this card into two other challenges
- Jingle Belles (sketch)
Winter Wonderland - MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY



16 comments:
Following your previous entries to our challenges, I can't wait to see what you come up with this time =) ... and "yes" you can raid your mum's stash provided she allows you to lol!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
I really don't think your mum will mind if you raid her stash. Think that's what mums are for - do ask though just in case.
Feel free to use the stencil again thought - that was a beauty.
Ann xx
Bah! Humbug! DT
Great colors for a holiday card!
Love the texty background ... an the framed vellum image ... thanks for joining our jingle belle journey.
Really cool take on Amy's sketch! Love all the gold. Very elegant.
i love that fabulous gold, cream and white color palette...totally elegant! what a great take on amy's lovely sketch! thank you so much for jingling along with us this week! ♥
YAY ... There you go!
With a little encouragement, (from us), and no stealing of mum's stash, (from you lol!), you have created a super card incorporating BOTH elements of our challenge this week. The gold foiled text vellum is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Nice work using stuff from your stash! Your card is wonderfully elegant! Thanks so much for playing along in the Jingle Belles Sketch Challenge!
Fabulous use of a sentiment as the main focus of the card and a beautiful creation thank you for sharing it with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs
Kate xx
Love the gold,very elegant.xxx
yeah well done Janet - a fab card and not too much borrowing from Mum. I too spotted the card was like Carol used. I've got some of that in my stash too - it's lovely stuff - very strokable.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
I love the monotone-like quality. Great way to use up some of the stash!
Very pretty!
Thanks for joining us on WINTER WONDERLAND
Hugs Jane x
If you get rid of stuff then the stash to raid for challenges will be diminished - organization can be overrated (lol)!
Love your card - it is very elegant and chic with the clean lines and the soft embellishment. Beautiful!
Your card is very elegant. Love the cream/gold combo. Hurray for the stash.
Lovely card. And LOVE that you were able to use your stash... before you thought you were going to use it again!
Post a Comment