About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Sunday, 22 April 2012

A wet Sunday afternoon


I haven't any new or finished projects at the moment - the boxes are still a work in progress, but as usual I am skipping forward to the next things that I might need.  I should get started on some Christmas cards - at this time last year I had 25 cards made, and that turned out to be quite a good proportion of the cards that I finally sent out as several events made me decide to pull out of all the card swap groups.
One of the next family events will be my sister's wedding anniversary and I am thinking of doing a variation of the card I made a couple of year's ago for the Diamond Anniversary of my friend's parents (not that my sister has been married that long :)  )


Some years ago there was a craft shop a few miles from here that ran craft workshops and a scrapbook club.  I went to quite a few of the scrapbooking workshops, we were given all the papers and other bits and pieces and all made the same layouts, practising different techniques, making embellishments and trying out various tools. Unfortunately the shop closed and the workshops finished. I keep meaning to look if there is anything similar nearby as I really enjoyed going to the workshops.   Some of the layouts I have finished by adding photos, whilst others are still unfinished.  


One of the first layouts that we made was in various shades of purple & I knew that I could use it with photos from my sister's wedding.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked the scrapbook pages, they look great. The card is ever elegant too