About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Friday, 8 April 2011

Second card this week!!!!

The second card this week is for the following challenges

Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge - A Merry Fairy Christmas
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round  - April - Use an Oval on your card


 I will be trying to get a better photo of this card at the weekend. 


Saturday morning
I was late getting this card onto my blog so I didn't put in all the extra waffle about making the card.  So here it is now :)
The base card is Ivory pearlescent card.  
Pyrimage - Christmas tree Fairy from Crafter's Companion Flower Fairies CD
Ribbon - from local market
Other paper & gems from stash.
I put the oval shape onto gold paper, then matted it first onto dark green and then onto red leaving a narrow border of each.  Then I used my white pen-touch ink pen - after a few blobs on my practice sheet, I managed to get the pen working to put a border of faux stitching onto the dark green.  The ribbon is white with a scalloped edge with a narrow red ribbon over it.  A large black peel off and some gems to finish the card.  I'm not sure that the peel off is straight - but it is a very wobbly peel off so hopefully will pass inspection.

11 comments:

Fab said...

Gorgeous card thank you for joining my monthly Christmas challenge ! X Fab

Trisha said...

Great creation! Thanks for joining us at DCD's Christmas Club! xox Trisha

Anonymous said...

I love the pyrimage fairy and it's a nice traditional look, it's lovely! thank you for joining us at DCD Christmas Club. Woo x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at SFCC this month good luck in the draw x

Jane said...

Another lovely card Janet

Lynne said...

Lovely card - very elegant :) thanks for sharing it with us at DCD Christmas Club
Hugs
Lynne xoxo

Susie Sugar said...

So pretty and traditional ...love it
Thanks for entering the DCD Christmas club challenge
Hugs Susie Sugar & the Xmas Dream DT xx

nanamyrt said...

Great card again .... looks like you are on a roll!!

Anonymous said...

Great Card..

Thanks for joining us at SFC. Good luck.

Huggies Angel

Lesley said...

Lovely card, I love Flower Fairies! Thanks for taking part in the SFCC xx

Blissful Paper Creations said...

Hi Janet, very nostalgic looking card, I'm loving it, thank you for joining us at CCAYR and good luck with the comp.