Saturday Morning
Monday Morning
Well no cards ready to blog yet - I had a change of plans yesterday. I had a lovely walk out with Mum & Misty, we walked around a nearby nature reserve. Then Misty came up here to spend the evening and night here. So I had a bit of a change of routine - she wouldn't settle unless we were squashed together on the recliner. I was escorted into the kitchen a few times - she knew there was an orange in a bag on the worktop & I was expected to share it with her. She didn't like my chiming clock - I think she thought it was a doorbell. She is also used to being up early with mum & dad so I have been woken before the alarm went off, and she is now hinting that it is time to do something - not sure what as it is too early for her walk & she doesn't have breakfast.
The cards are planned - at least for those challenges that I can attempt - I won't be able to attempt the challenge at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club because they want a Tilda stamp on the card - & I don't have any Tilda stamps.
Another decision I have made is not to consider the Less is More challenges as a regular challenge - they will be occasional, providing they fit in with cards that I need at the time. Although I have only attempted two of their challenges, & I do like that style of card - I find them easier to do than those ones with 15 different patterned papers and 49 embellishments (-OK I know that is an exaggeration, but I find if I try two different patterned papers they scream at each other & so those are the cards that either get shredded or remain in my "rubbish cards" box.) Anyway - back to the Less is More challenges - I don't have enough stamps or the right sort of card to do one layer cards and I was not doing many of the other challenges, so I will have a look for some other challenges that I can have a go at as a regular weekly challenge.
Wednesday Morning
Guess what - still no cards to photograph :) I had an early night on Monday to make up for missing sleep Sunday night, & last night I was reading - just finishing off a free book on my kindle. Then I watched a little bit of TV - Crafter's Companion were launching some new scoring boards to go with the Ultimate. I haven't tried many of the other scoring boards around, but I got the original boards from CC many years ago & was very happy with them. I still have them now as well as the Ultimate.
I have some toppers printed out, so I will be trying to get them completed tonight.
Wednesday Evening
It wouldn't be me if everything was wonderful with regards to my card making would it?
I have two cards made. (Three cheers) But I have serious doubts about bits of them. Is there too much on them? Or something missing? If I remain undecided they will be at the bottom of the box along with a couple of earlier cards that I'm not happy about - to be used only in emergency. Which reminds me I need a bigger tin than the Edinburgh shortbread tin that I have been using.
Card One -
The challenge from Winter Wonderland is a photo inspiration. The stripes on some of the baubles reminded me of the candy canes.
Hazel asked for circles for this week's CHNC challenge - so that is the bells decorating the candy cane.
The topper was cut into an oval shape using nesties - so this is the third card this month for the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - April challenge.
Card Two -
The recipe from Jingle Belles
1 - as white as a ghost
2 - a present
3 - a bow or knot
4 - a touch of traditional Christmas colours
Both cards have candy canes on them so both are for the Bah! Humbug! challenge.
Both cards also have bows on - which is what Christmas Card Challenges require
If you have read through all this waffle then the other bits of information about the cards is that the toppers and candy cane backing paper are from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas CD.
And you will notice that it is actually 4 cards made this week. :)



10 comments:
well, i for one DO NOT have serious doubts... or indeed ANY doubts about these fun and festive cards! afterall, what's not to love about gorgeous vintage images, glittery bits, and co-ordinating vellum??! and what's not to *LOVE* about having TWO MORE christmas cards in one's arsenal on april 13th?!?!?! seriously, that is hard to beat, right?! :) :) :)
Loving that vintage image on your card and the sparkly card is great! thanks for joining us at Jingle Belles this week. xx
Fabulous vintage images - and really lovely cards. Lovely to see some step cards again - not seen many lately.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
You are doing so well with these Christmas challenges, Carole - thank you so much for supporting me again on CHNC - much appreciated - your cards are lovely. Sounds as if Misty is keeping you on your toes! x
It's me again - no need to publish this, but thought I'd just say that I think I might have referred to you by the wrong name in my previous comment - sorry if I did! (a senior moment obviously!). x
Great cards....you should be really organised at this rate.
Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs Sally xx
Lovely, lovely cards - perfect for our challenge this week. The glittery card looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Love that sweet vintage image and fun glittery presents ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.
Very cute cards! Thanks for joining us on the Christmas Card Challenges Blog this week. :)
You have been busy! I have that CD and you have inspired me to dust it off. Great cards!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR and good luck with the competition. x
Post a Comment