I'm a little lost this week - with holidays at each end of the week and the same amount of work to get through for the end of the month, I'm meeting myself coming back.
We had a lovely weekend with my sister and her family visiting for Easter. One of our trips out was a visit to a garden centre - only to look - so of course we came back with a car full of plants. Next weekend - another long break from work - I will be digging up some plants that didn't survive the cold last winter and planting a new dark red climbing rose & a pale blue clematis.
Another trip out was to Towneley Hall and then onto the Singing Ringing Tree - we had Misty with us on that day.
| Misty |
| Gardens at Towneley |
| Pendle |
| The Singing Ringing Tree |
Back to card making now. This card is for the Bah! Humbug! challenge - Santa Claus
and for Jingle Belles - recycle ...........reuse
Anyone who has read through the waffle I put on here will remember that I was going to send a card that I didn't like to a cousin that I never saw..............well I have a confession to make here. Several years ago I bought a box of cards (there could have been something like 50 cards in the box) from the after christmas sale in the pound shop. Those cards are there as a standby for anyone who does not deserve one of my handmade cards (although they are probably the lucky ones there) Looking through the cards I came across the Santa that is attached to one flap of the card. On the other flap is some layers of decoupage that I didn't use on last week's card. Inside is a small scrap of vellum that has been in my christmas bits folder for a few years. Finally the two labels are from a sticker sheet that I think must have been free with a magazine at sometime as I don't remember buying it.
So I think that I can cover the recycle & reuse challenge here.
Anyway here is the card.
![]() |
| 1st flap |
![]() |
| 2nd flap |




8 comments:
I love the idea of having cards for those who don' deserve a handmade one! good to hear that I'm not the only one who has such thoughts" *giggle*
love the format of your card with the two flaps - great design. love that you included so many different elements - looks really good.
oh WOW!!! i am soooooo totally loving the "double flap" design... and the cool curves of the flaps... and that super choice of images for each. brilliant to use "store bought" cards and make them into something new, different, and infinitely cooler!!! ♥
Very cute! You made this challenge look easy-peasy :)
What a fun little fold ... love that jolly little Santa ... so glad you celebrated Earth Day with us at jingle belles.
what beautiful photos!!
your card is too cute :)
cute card and such a clever fold - you've transformed a card for the undeserving into one for someone especially deserving :) thanks for joining the Earth Day challenge!
You've introduced me to another great fold. Thanks! This came out so wonderfully.
Just catching up with everyone's projects after being away for the week in Scotland. This is fun Janet - a lovely card and a great use of bits and bobs. Thank you for joining us again at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
Post a Comment