About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Last Minute Blues .............with bells

I didn't think I was as quite as late as last week  - but I was - the clock struck just as I was going to enter Jingle Belles challenge - :( 
This was not an easy challenge for me - Jingle Belles wanted 3 different patterned papers.  I don't find it easy mixing patterns and colours.  However Winter Wonderland asked for Blue & White for their blog birthday celebration blog hop & challenge.

So I rooted through my papers and found some 12 x 12 blue patterned paper which I used as the background on my card. I found some blue & white glitter card with snowflakes - just right for Christmas Card Challenges, and then having run out of ideas for patterned papers I resorted to my coredinations card which I embossed with my cuttlebug  & Swiss Dots embossing folder.
The card is then finished with some ribbon for CHNC challenge, and some bells for Bah! Humbug!
I'm also entering the card in the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round June Challenge - Anything Goes
 

Last weekend I went to a paint fusion workshop with Sheena Douglass.  I have tried to to take a photo of my creation but haven't been successful - I will have another try later.

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely mix of papers and ribbons (I did my entry for Jingle belles at the last minute too) - thanks for joining in with my CHNC challenge 22 - hope to see you again next time. x

SmilynStef said...

Bonus points for those sweet little jingle bells ... and woot woot to you for getting outside your comfort zone and working with those papers ... I would have to say you succeeded ... love the glittery sparkle ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

Clare Lloyd said...

this is really lovely. thanks for joining us @ bah! humbug! x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and love the blue and white interpretation, thank you for joining us for our celebrations at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Blissful Paper Creations said...

Hi Janet, love the CAS layout of your card, very effective with just the right amount of sparkle.
Thanks for joining us a CCAYR and good luck with the five cards needed for the challenge entry.
Hugs, Julie Ann x

Annie said...

Love that paper Janet - fab card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, that's lovely! i have to say that if you hadn't SAID you felt out of your depth, i would not have guessed that--you mixed and matched patterns here quite ♥BRILLIANTLY♥! (& super bonus ninja points for the "jingle belles" stamp...how cool is that?!?) :) :) :)

Carol said...

Love this Jo, you done a great job iwth the papers. Carol x