About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Still March - and more Christmas cards



The clocks went forward last weekend, so we are now on British Summer Time.  It is officially spring, the weather has been quite warm and pleasant, and there are some flowers in my garden.. So here are this week's cards for the various Christmas card challenges.


Sometimes when the challenges allow I manage to get one card to fit several challenges - this week I am not so lucky.  
Bah! Humbug asked for Christmas Trees.  Having used the Lace Tree folder for the last couple of weeks, & the Dreamweaver stencil for another couple of cards I thought I ought to try something different.  So I tried a stamp and after about seven attempts decided that I was not going to get a good image.  (You will notice that I do not use stamps on many of my cards) Back to the drawing board.  I found some small stickers - but they were very small.  And then I found some brads - which were even smaller.  Perhaps I could make a miniature card?  So guess what - yes I've used the cuttlebug tree again.  This time I've gone for copper & green and used a square card (not my favourite size of card at all)  A couple of people thought the silver tree last week was de-bossed when it wasn't.  So this week I have tried de-bossing the copper card - & to be honest I can't tell on the photo that it is done that way.
This card is also for 2011 Christmas Card Challenge week #17 - no stamping 
and Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - square card


Jingle Belles asked for "the holly and the ivy"  so I used my cuttlebug & the holly folder.  This is a plain card & similar to the one made way back in January-  but this time embossed white card, matted onto red & on snow white pearl card.  As usual I'm not entirely happy with this card - I prefer the black one.  I may decide I'm being too critical & the card will do for that cousin that I never see or I may replace the base card or add some colour to the holly & berries before I finally decide I'm happy.

11 comments:

Jana said...

Both are lovely cards. Love the simple design of them.

lauren bergold said...

if you really and truly cannot think of someone who'd appreciate your beautifully clean and simple, dramatically elegant, "holly and the ivy" card...i would be ♥HAPPY♥ to help!!! (seriously...i cannot think of anyone who'd be less than thrilled to receive this in their chrimstmas post!!!) ♥

Jane said...

Two lovely cards Janet

Hazel said...

That cuttlebug tree embossed is one of my favourites - you can't use it too much! Super card. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 13 - hope to see you again soon - next challenge is being sponsored so there will be a randomly picked prize winner. x

Max said...

2 super cards and I for one am not complaining that you're making good use of your lacy tree folder. Debossed or embossed - it looks good either way! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

oh the tree is fab and no matter how many times we see it it always brings a smile.
Another great card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Lisa said...

i love it! what a fantastic combination of that white matted with red and then more white. Adorable holly - I wouldn't do a thing - it's gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

When all is said and done - simple says it, and these say Merry Christmas very well.

SmilynStef said...

That cousin you never see ... too funny ... love both of your holiday cards & I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to receive them ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

myself said...

Both are beautiful. I love how you took the simplicity of the embossed image and backgrounded it to make it really stand out!

Shaela said...

How sweet! Thanks for joining us on the Christmas Card Challenge blog this week. :)