About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Random thoughts on a Tuesday Morning


It's almost two weeks since I last posted something on here, and I didn't make any cards for the christmas card challenges last week.Not because the challenges were too difficult or not to my taste in styles of cards but because I just ran out of time.  I had most of the ingredients ready & even popped out shopping to buy a few more, but the weather was so fine and dry for a change that I went walking on Sunday afternoon and relaxed with my feet up for the evening.  That only left a couple of evenings after work to get the cards made.  Isn't it funny that some jobs you do may not be any more difficult than others but they seem to take longer, or the clock goes slower.  That is the type of job I was doing at the beginning of last week so I wasn't really in the right frame of mind for crafting.  I did try but it wasn't going well, so I thought it was better to leave it than get more frustrated.
This week - so far -  I'm working on a nice easy job, hopefully I won't be disturbed and be able to work steadily & happily all week.
I didn't do any crafting at weekend - on Saturday there was some rugby to watch.  On Sunday, Mum & I went for a drive out to a garden centre to try and find a present for her from my sister & me for Mothering Sunday.   We also called in a couple of craft shops - & all I bought were 3 sheets of Christmas peel offs for 97p - Last of the Big Spenders  :-D 
We didn't find mum's present either  & ended up calling in B & Q and buying a couple of azaleas.
I'm working on this weeks challenges & hopefully will have something to post by tomorrow night, I have plenty of ideas & bits all over my table for most of the Christmas challenges.  I'm probably missing the Less is More challenge again - I don't need any masculine cards until much later in the year.

Here are a couple of cards I made earlier this month.
First a Thank You card using pyrimage, images & backing papers and card design from the projects on Crafter's Companion Popcorn the Bear - Souffle Collection - made at the request of my nephew to give to his grandparents.

.

And second, another card made using La Pashe  Build a Blossom, I also used some nesties, a cuttlebug embossing folder a marianne die and my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro. This one was made for a work colleague.
 

Thank you for looking, hopefully I will be back in a couple of days.

No comments: