I had intended to use the pale pink dog rose - but decided that it wasn't quite what I wanted, so instead used the darker pink Gardenia. It is placed on a circle cut with a scalloped circle nestie die which was also embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. I then put a larger circle behind & chose green as I wanted more of a contrast to the pink flower. I used Centura Pearl Snow white as a base card. I'm not brave enough to print directly onto my cards yet, so have just used one of the tags that is part of the build a blossom sheet. The flower is quite large so I think any more writing on the front of the card would be too much.
The colours are perhaps a little dark for pastels, but I am happy (ish) with the card - I will use it - this card is for my parent's 54th wedding anniversary which is today.


7 comments:
That's a very pretty flower, plenty of white space, which is great
If i could say, I think it would have worked better on a square card, placed as it is or more to one side on this shape of card. Making the tag the offset detail that draws your eye in.
However, thats being picky, nothing wrong with your card
Thank you!
mandi
"Less is More"
Before I read what Mandi had written I decided what I was going to comment on this card, only to read that she had already said it, practically word for word!
I think there must be something in that don't you!
The flower is fab, it looks so gentle somehow!
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"
This is a beautiful card - your parents are sure to love it. The flower is perfect. Hazel x
Love the pink of the flower...congrats to your parents!
The flower is fabulous, I agree with a square card and I would have backed with a pale pink instead of the turquoise to be more pastel and would go with the green leaves better.
A very nice card, indeed. I can go for the center placement as the tag and leaves sort of off-set it some. However, the mint green backer competes with the green of the leaves. Matching the flower or ivory tag would pull it together more. BTW, that flower is spectacular. So glad you posted here.
fab card - the flower is lovely
Post a Comment