I had an idea for a card, which I intended to make on Sunday. This card involved a Christmas tree topper from Flowersoft. I know I had some of these, & I thought I remembered seeing one when searching through my various boxes of Christmas papers for an earlier effort. As you might have guessed by now I didn't find it - but I did find one that I had made into a card at a workshop with Noreen from Flowersoft. I did think about taking that card to pieces and using it, but finally decided not to do that. After some more thought I decided that I would use the cuttlebug Lace Tree folder.
This week's theme from jingle belles 'Home for the Holidays' was the inspiration for my card this week. I started thinking about how we celebrated Christmas when I was small. After waking everyone up at the crack of dawn we would open our presents, then it was time to go to church.
After our Christmas dinner we went to Grandma's house - all my aunts and uncles and cousins would be there. I remember Grandma's big Christmas Tree which was always in the corner of the room. There were some ornaments that were filled with liquid and when they were lit the liquid warmed up and bubbled.
Our families have grown and spread over the world now, Grandma, Grandad, some of my aunts and uncles - and one cousin are no longer with us, but I can still picture those days.
One of the treasures I have is grandma's old box for Christmas ornaments - it is only an old cardboard box, but I have some of the old ornaments (sadly not the bubbling ones) from Grandma's tree which go on my tree every year now.
This card is also for the following challenges
Bah! Humbug! and Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge who both want some embossing on the card. ABC Christmas Challenge also want embossing plus embellishments Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club want a card inspired by a Christmas Song, ( O Christmas Tree) Winter Wonderland want snowflakes on the card (there is one in the pattern on the tree) and finally Christmas Card Challenges have the following sketch

This is a rather bright card - perhaps a reaction from the last few cards I have made :)
but I will add it to my tin of cards & some poor person will be getting it next Christmas.



13 comments:
I love that embossed tree (it reminds me that I've got that folder - haven't used it yet this year) - lovely card. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 10 - hope to see you again next week. x
I love this card good luck with the challenges isn't it funny how when you think back to Christmas past especially the ones when you were small it makes you feel all warm inside I think Christmas is def for kids so it's a good job I'm just a big kid at heart lol see you soon
Jacki xx
Very pretty! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!
that embossing folder is ♥AMAZING♥ what a fabulous effect it gives with just ONE step--how cool is that?! i love the little touches of (JUST ENOUGH!) bling you've added...and then the pop of red and green against the gold is just soooo dramatic!
How kind of you to share your fond memories with us.
Beautiful embossing and lovely traditional colours! I nearly wore that lacy tree folder out last year as it was perfect for making bulk batches lol! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Simply lovely!
Thanks for joining our “Snowflakes” challenge on WINTER WONDERLAND :)
Hugs Jane x
Treasured memories and a fab card too
Kathyk
Fabulous embossing, this is beautiful, thanks for joining us this week at the Die cut Dreams Christmas blog.
Great card love the embossing thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
Hugs sara x
Lovely - I really should use that folder more!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x
What a lovely embossing folder! Thank you for taking part at the challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Hugs Dorte
fab card! great choice of embossing folders!
thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hope you can come back and play again too! hugs Samantha :0)
Just thought I'd pop by and say thanks for your message and please don't worry that you didn't make our challenge last week. There's no pressure to join in every time - we'll just be pleased to see you whenever you can manage.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Post a Comment