About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I love travelling and have a list of "Places to Visit" that is almost as long as the list of books to read on my kindle. There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

A Break in my Cardmaking


I haven't posted for a while - I've not made any cards for a while either.  At the moment I can't get back into doing anything.  

I've dropped out of all the card swapping groups that I was in so this year's christmas cards will only be inflicted on family & close friends.  With those that I can salvage from my tin I need only perhaps a dozen more...so I will get some more challenges attempted.

The reason why I'm not crafting at the moment - well my dad is back in hospital since yesterday.  
In August my sister's sister-in-law was rushed into hospital for an emergency op and sadly did not survive.  That very same week my dad started to be ill because of a blocked gallbladder.  He was in hospital for two weeks whilst they made two attempts to remove a gallstone.  However he did not continue to improve after he came home and he is back in hospital at the moment having antibiotics intravenously.  We are waiting to hear what is to happen next.  This has also had an impact on his cancer treatment - the consultant has suspended that at the moment.
I'm hoping that I will start feeling like card making & scrapbooking again very soon.  In the meantime I'm just plodding along and reading my kindle.

1 comment:

Max said...

Hi Janet,
So sorry to hear about the family suffering so much ... it's hard to think of anything else when so much is going on at home but hopefully your dad will improve and you will find some motivation for cardmaking again so you can join in with some challenges. Thanks for popping by and leaving a message for us.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT